What is Juvederm Ultra Plus XC?
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is a dermal filler designed and manufactured by Allergan. It is made of 24mg/ml cross-linked hyaluronic acid that is derived from biofermentation. The gel is also integrated with 0.3% lidocaine, a fast-relief local anesthetic agent that alleviates pain during the injection process. The filler is clear, colorless, highly viscoelastic, and completely biodegradable. Following sterilization by moist heat, it is presented in a 1ml graduated syringe that is ready for injection which must be stored in a clean and cool storage environment with a temperature between 2°C to 25°C. This medical device should only be used by a highly trained physician to correct medium to severe facial lines as well as to augment the appearance of lips.
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is very much in demand due to its immediate and long-lasting results. Once administered, the aesthetic imperfections are instantly corrected, and the cross-linking technology help the gel resist premature degradation. Most importantly, patients who are hypersensitive to avian-based fillers can choose this brand as the hyaluronic acid molecules are derived biotechnologically before being extensively purified.
What are the benefits of this product?
- Instant anti- aging results: Juvederm Ultra Plus XC delivers visible anti-aging results instantly after one treatment. Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is specially designed to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and creases, such as nasolabial folds.
- Lip volumization: Juvederm Ultra Plus XC helps to plump and volumize asymmetrical, thin lips.
- Formulated with purified hyaluronic acid: The hyaluronic acid in the formulation is synthetically produced and has been extensively purified. Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is not known to cause any immunogenic reactions.
- Cross- linking technology: Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is chemically cross-linked and is therefore less susceptible to premature degradation. In most patients, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC can last from nine to twelve months.
- Biodegradable: Juvederm Ultra Plus XC will undergo a natural decomposition process within the skin and will eventually disappear without leaving any residue.
- Reversible, non–permanent results: Like other Juvederm fillers, the results of Juvederm Ultra Plus XC can be easily reversed.
- Approved by the FDA: This dermal filler has received FDA-approval and has been extensively tested for safety. Having an excellent safety profile, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is unlikely to cause serious adverse effects.
- Comfortable and non-invasive injection procedure: The injection procedure is minimally invasive and does not cause any pain. Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is incorporated with lignocaine, a compound with anesthetic effects. Through the inhibition of voltage-gated sodium channels, it alleviates injection-related pain and discomfort for a painless treatment process.
Accessories or items included
- 2-1ml graduated syringe prefilled with hyaluronic acid gel
- 4 disposable 27G½” needles
- Medical device manual
How does this product work?
Dermal cells like collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid are important to maintain the youthful exuberance of skin. These cells are continuously replenished and repaired as part of a natural biological process. However, this maintenance process decreases due to internal aging of the body, resulting in the appearance of aging signs like dehydration, dullness, and formation of fine lines. To make matters worse, external aging factors like pollution, smoking, and chronic sunlight exposure introduce skin-damaging free radicals in the body. Aging symptoms are further exacerbated which will ultimately affect a patient’s self-esteem. Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is formulated with 24mg/ml of cross-linked hyaluronic acid gel. This viscoelastic gel mimics the texture of skin scaffolding to instantly plump facial wrinkles and creases. The integration of 0.3% fast-acting pain reliever, lidocaine ensures much-needed comfort for patients throughout the session. Following the aesthetic procedure, skin becomes smooth and firm while lips are plump.
What are the ingredients?
- Active ingredients:
- 24mg/ml of cross-linked hyaluronic acid
- 3mg/ml of lidocaine
- Other ingredients:
- 1ml of phosphate buffer pH 7.2 q.s.
The cross-linked gel is clear, colorless, completely biodegradable, and highly viscoelastic.
How to inject/administer this product?
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is intended to be administered intradermally while adhering to stringent aseptic standards. During the initial consultation session, examine your patient’s medical history to ensure that they are suitable to receive dermal filler injections. A complete facial assessment will also help you to determine the degree of aesthetic correction required. Get your patients ready by explaining any probable side effects that they might experience and the necessary aftercare methods to counteract these reactions. Commence the session by disinfecting the problematic regions and assembling the medical device. You can then administer the filler via mid- or deep-dermis injections to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles. If you are using this filler as a lip augmenting implant, then you should inject it into the lip mucosal membrane. Lightly massage the treated areas following injections for good filler integration. Discard any remaining gel and used needles as well as syringes as they are biologically hazardous wastes. Please note that only qualified and experienced physicians can conduct this aesthetic procedure.
When should I use this product?
You can choose to use this dermal filler on patients with medium- to deep-set facial lines as well as thin or undefined lips.
What areas can I treat with this product?
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is indicated to correct moderate to severe facial lines like nasogenian furrows and marionette lines around the cheek area. Perioral region and lips can also be corrected using this filler.
How long do results last?
The hyaluronic acid molecules are strongly cross-linked with each other using chemical reticulating agent, butanediol diglycidyl ether (BDDE). Once implanted, the gel is then able to deliver aesthetic improvements for up to year depending on the patient’s skin health, age, and lifestyle. Nevertheless, this completely bioresorbable gel will be broken down and absorbed into the neighboring tissues gradually and patients can get repeat injections annually or as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is an ideal candidate for this product?
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is ideal for patients with moderate to severe facial creases like nasolabial folds. It can also be used as a lip volumizer to plump thin or asymmetrical lips.
Why should I purchase this product?
Medical practitioners can get their medical supplies from JPweightlosscenter. Our products are genuine brand name products of excellent quality. Our members are also entitled to receive wholesale prices when buying in bulk.
Are there any side effects?
Following the implantation of Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, patients may exhibit some side effects commonly seen after dermal filler procedures.
Common side effects:
- Inflammatory reactions such as swelling, redness, itchiness
- Mild pain
- Discoloration of injected areas
Localized inflammatory reactions can resolve more quickly by maintaining the hygiene of the treated sites and keeping the areas makeup-free. Patients should also keep the injected areas well-protected from extreme temperatures (e.g. sauna) for quicker recovery. On the other hand, your patients may also experience serious reactions.
- Stroke, blindness, tissue death due to intravascular injections
- Inflamed lumps
Adverse reactions and common side effects that last longer than a week need immediate medical attention. Read the medical device manual for detailed information regarding probable side effects, contraindications, and warnings.